147 Shirley Road, Options Wellbeing, The Annexe, Southampton, SO15 3FH
For information and updates about current disruptions and changes to our services please click here.
The Lighthouse is open from 4.30pm – midnight 365 days a year. You do not need to be referred or to book an appointment, just turn up!
The Lighthouse is an informal, non-judgemental, out-of-hours mental health drop-in for anyone over the age of 18 who requires short-term support in times of great difficulty or is struggling with poor mental health.
Where possible, we encourage you to arrive before 11.00pm to help you get the best from the service. During peak times, we may have to request that you come back at a later time.
Our team is made up of people who have lived experience of mental health challenges and using services, people who hold a professional registration, and people who fall across both categories.
Visiting the Lighthouse may be useful if you are:
- Feeling overwhelmed or hopeless
- In need of urgent mental health support
- Having thoughts to end your life
- Feeling isolated or alone
- Confused about where to find support
The Lighthouse is unable to work with people who:
- need medical attention
- have been drinking alcohol or using drugs
- are threatening or show physically aggressive behaviour
- are under 18
What to expect
When you arrive at the Lighthouse, you will be welcomed and given a tour. We will take some basic details such as your name and date of birth. You may want to have a cup of tea and chat with one of the team about how things are for you. If you don’t feel like talking, you may want to engage in creative activities or simply take some time out.
At the Lighthouse, our facilities include:
- a comfortable lounge area
- arts, crafts, games and other activities
- a low stimulus ‘sensory’ room
- a range of resources such as sensory aids and information that you are welcome to browse through and make use of.
- facilitated, informal peer support alongside other guests using the service
- space for making drinks
- wheelchair accessible facilities
At the Lighthouse we are unable to give medication or therapy, but we are able to provide in-the-moment support on your terms. Our aim is to work alongside you to find a sense of agency and control in spite of your struggles.
Our team may also help you find more support from other services, whether it be immediate or urgent care, primary or secondary care or even linking in with services you are already in contact with.
No A&E Available
How to get here:
You can find the Lighthouse at:
147 Shirley Road, Options wellbeing, The Annexe, Southampton, SO15 3FH
It is within walking distance from Southampton Central Train Station and various local buses.
There is very limited parking in the streets around the site.