Remind, Dementia Support in Portsmouth
Click here to find out more about Making Portsmouth a Dementia Friendly City
If you have been diagnosed with dementia, and live in the PO1 to PO6 area or have a GP within PO1 to PO6, we can support you and the people who help care for you. We will tailor our help to suit your needs and we will make sure you have all the support and information you need.
How we can help
We understand that this can be an uncertain time, but our friendly team are here to help you and the people who care for you.
• We will meet with you to talk about how we can support you.
• If you are worried about any health problems, our nurse will be happy to give you help and advice.
• Our activity groups give you the chance to meet with other people, share experiences and enjoy a range of activities like arts & crafts and games.
• We will help you with practical things like making your home safe and helping you to contact other organisations who can give you support and advice.
How to contact us
The Remind dementia support service for Portsmouth is available 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 4:30pm Fridays:
033 0332 4030 (standard local rate number)
Remind@solentmind.org.uk (secure email)
Remind referral form: Download
See our information leaflet for people with dementia and their carers: Download
Information for health professionals: Download
“The team arranged support as soon as they visited. I am now attending an activity group… I feel much happier now about dementia as I was very scared before. ”
Listen to an Express FM audio clip to hear more about Remind and our Dementia Awareness Week activities.
The Remind Dementia Service is working to make Portsmouth a Dementia Friendly City. By engaging with local businesses and community services, we will help people have a better understanding of how they can support people with dementia and their carers:
- We are providing free Dementia Friends training sessions to local businesses and services. This will help to create more awareness of the needs of people with dementia and how to make shop environments more welcoming.
- We are inviting other organisations to join a Dementia Action Alliance which will work to attain Dementia Friendly status for Portsmouth.
If you would like to find out more about Dementia Friendly sessions for your organisation, or would like to join the Dementia Action Alliance*, please contact us on:
033 0332 4030
*A local dementia action alliance is a network of organisations, businesses and community members who want to improve the lives of local people affected by dementia through action.
Remind is delivered in partnership:
We will find out what your needs are and help you to live well with dementia.
Charity Registration No: 1081116
We organise activities which are fun and sociable, helping you to stay active and meet other people.
Charity Registration No: 1096903
We help you maintain your wellbeing and support you in making contact with other organisations which can help you.
Charity Registration No: 299731