When: Starting from October for 6 months
(with review after 4 months and chance of extension)
Commitment Required: 4 Hours Tuesday’s 10.00am to 2.00pm
(extra 1.5 hours once a month for Wellbeing Peer Support Volunteers’ Group)
Role Description: JD Volunteer – Wellbeing Peer Support – Oct 19
PLEASE NOTE: there is no application form included in the application pack. To apply for this vacancy please scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on the link to download an application form.
- To aid in the development and facilitation of current Wellbeing Peer Support groups based in the Wellbeing centre and in the local community.
- To support people with severe and enduring mental health diagnosis to engage in low key social leisure activities in the centre.
- To report any concerns with individual participants to the Wellbeing Peer Support Worker or the Line Manager in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To support participants to develop coping strategies and mechanisms they will be able to apply in their everyday lives within the group setting.
- To support and encourage participants to identify their own strengths, trigger and life goals and how to take steps to achieve them within the group setting.
- To, on occasions the Peer Support Worker is unavailable, run the groups independently as well as record and reflect on how the groups went with the Wellbeing Peer Support Worker when possible.
- To support other Peer Support Volunteers with their experience as volunteers, mental health and personal development.
For further information about the role please contact:
Alistair Wallace (Peer Support Worker)
Mobile: 07824 150 137
For more information on this post please download the Application Pack using the link at the top of this page.
Please Note: no application form is included within the application pack, so please also download an application form using the links below.
CV’s will not be accepted
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies
Volunteer Application Forms:
Application forms can be returned by:
Post: Volunteer Co-ordinator, Solent Mind, 15-16 The Avenue, Southampton SO17 1XF
Fax: 023 8202 7811
Or of course you can deliver it by hand to the address stated above.