Location: Southampton, New Forest and surrounding areas
When: October 2019 onwards
Commitment Required: Between 1 and 4 workshops per month
Role Description: JD Volunteer – Heads UP – Oct 19
PLEASE NOTE: there is no application form included in the application pack. To apply for this vacancy please scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on the link to download an application form.
As a Heads UP volunteer, you will be based in and around Southampton and the New Forest area, supporting the Heads UP Co-Ordinator.
Alongside the Heads UP Co-Ordinator and other volunteers, you will be delivering a variety of workshops to young people of all ages in schools, colleges, youth groups etc. As such, we invite young people who are confident public speakers to apply.
In this role you will gain experience of working for a busy project in a mental health charity, contributing to its future progression, adding to its success. You will be building and learning new skills whilst also helping teach young people about mental health, challenging negative perceptions of it through your work.
- To maintain the excellent delivery standard
- To undertake the role of planning future workshops with the Heads UP Co-Ordinator
- To deliver workshops and talks in different situations
- Ability to talk to teachers about mental health issues and refer to the Heads UP Co-Ordinator
- To be punctual to every workshop/talk
- To attend relevant meetings with the Heads UP coordinator where appropriate
- Arrange meetings for schools and colleges with the Heads UP Co-Ordinator
- Attend promotional events promoting Solent Mind and Heads UP
- Helping eradicate stigma and discrimination in young people around mental health
For further information about the role please contact:
Abby Oakley (Heads UP Project Lead) firstname.lastname@example.org
Paris Wheeler (Heads UP Volunteer Co-Ordinator) email@example.com
For more information on this post please download the Application Pack using the link at the top of this page.
Please Note: no application form is included within the application pack, so please also download an application form using the links below.
CV’s will not be accepted
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies
Volunteer Application Forms:
Application forms can be returned by:
Post: Volunteer Co-ordinator, Solent Mind, 15-16 The Avenue, Southampton SO17 1XF
Fax: 023 8202 7811
Or of course you can deliver it by hand to the address stated above.