Location: North Hampshire and The New Forest
When: From September/October 2019, Ongoing
Commitment Required: 2 Hours Per Week But Negotiable Around Availability
Role Description: JD Volunteer – Community Advocate – Aug 19
PLEASE NOTE: there is no application form included in the application pack. To apply for this vacancy please scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on the link to download an application form.
- Supporting people living with mental health to access their Community Mental Health Team and to attend appointments regarding their mental health.
- Lone working and working one to one with service users.
- Writing letters, attending meetings, investigating rights and choices alongside service users and empowering them to feel confidence in themselves.
- Accurate record keeping of any meetings and interactions with service users.
- Recognising safeguarding concerns and passing these along to leaders.
What’s In It For You?
- You will be supported by the Solent Mind Advocacy team to carry out your role and have access to specified training and ongoing supervision with the Volunteer Co-Ordinator.
- You will have an opportunity to give back to a vulnerable community and support one of the UK’s leading mental health charities.
- You will be given opportunities to gain understanding and empathy about mental health.
Why We Want You:
We want you to empower vulnerable people and to use your experience or understanding of living with mental health to help service users feel listened to. Although Solent Mind is based in Southampton our Community Advocacy Project covers the whole scope of Hampshire so we are looking for people who are based in North Hampshire and the New Forest to help us cover those further areas.
Training will be provided, including Introduction to Solent Mind, Mental Health Awareness and Understanding Advocacy. As you will be working with vulnerable people this role is subject to DBS checks and references.
For Further Information About The Role Please Contact:
Dee Constantine (Advocacy Volunteer Co-Ordinator)
firstname.lastname@example.org or 02380 208955
For more information on this post please download the Application Pack using the link at the top of this page.
Please Note: no application form is included within the application pack, so please also download an application form using the links below.
CV’s will not be accepted
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies
Volunteer Application Forms:
Application forms can be returned by:
Post: Volunteer Co-ordinator, Solent Mind, 15-16 The Avenue, Southampton SO17 1XF
Fax: 023 8202 7811
Or of course you can deliver it by hand to the address stated above.