Mind will be offering grants to organisations who want to offer peer support to more people. The grants programme aims to show how effective peer support can be within a range of settings. The funding will be delivered as a part of the national Big Lottery Fund Peer Support Programme run in partnership between national Mind, Depression Alliance, Bipolar UK, and several local Minds, including Solent Mind.
Mind is now accepting applications for grants of between £5,000 - £15,000 in specific local areas, including Southampton and the New Forest area. The closing date for applications is 2pm on 10th June.
There are a number of requirements for organisations to meet in their applications:
- Activity will need to be delivered between Oct 2015 and Oct 2016
- Groups in the Solent Mind area need to operate in Southampton and/or the New Forest
- Activity must engage people with mental health problems who don’t currently access peer support
- Projects will contribute to creating an evidence base for the effectiveness of peer support
- 40 per cent of funds will be for activity by and for people living in rural communities and people from Black and Minority Ethnic communities
Please note that applications must be made to Mind nationally, not to Solent Mind.